[TSG-Access-RD] Our final work product

Ram Mohan rmohan at afilias.info
Thu Jan 31 03:33:51 UTC 2019

Team:

I suggest that our final work product should have at least the following
components:

   - A proper preamble/introduction [Audience: Non-technical]
   - A glossary of terms [Audience: Technical]
   - Design/technical assumptions [Audience: Technical]
   - Problem definition [Audience: Non-technical]
   - Design specification [Audience: Technical]
   - Areas for future consideration [Audience: Non-technical and technical]

What should we call our final work product?

   - Technical Specification: From my engineer’s perspective, this is a
   pretty well defined term. Is that what we want to call what we produce?
   - Design Specification: A bit more fuzzy, but perhaps more indicative of
   the work we are going to produce?
   - Technical Model: Seems to not be as descriptive or accurate of what we
   intend to produce.
   - Technical Framework: I don’t believe we set out to provide a
   framework, so this sounds incongruous.

What do you think?

-Ram