[technology taskforce] Presentation from TTF meeting on 24 June 2013 on how At-Large Content is organised

Gordon Chillcott gordontc at look.ca
Fri Jul 5 21:49:34 UTC 2013

Dev:

I read this and really liked it.  But something bothered me.  The
presentation on the page is quite good.  And the comments are rather
interesting.   So that wasn't it.

It suddenly occurred to me that there is a lot of discussion about the
content and not much about just what the content is.    Now, I know that
it should be possible to derive that from identifying what tools are
used, but that doesn't necessarily work, in my experience (it's too easy
to use a screwdriver for a prybar).   Once that is described, your
approach appears to work for me.

With that in mind, I think we can expand the very first item, “list the
tools used by At-Large to generate/organize/distribute content”.  At
this point we can identify items of content and ask “how do we get
these?”.

I took a swing at this – very quickly – and came up with a list.  This
needs to be considered a VERY rough draft, though.   FWIW, here it is:

Types of content:

Meeting Reports
1. transcripts (text)
2. minutes (text)
3. voice recordings (mp3?)
4. presentations (graphics,slide-presentations,videos)
5. chat transcripts (text)
6. other (graphics, pictures, etc.)

Meeting Notices/Invitations
1. Mail (Text)
2. Calendar entries
3. Link to Meeting Page
1. agenda (text)
2. invitees (text)

Proposals
1. proposal body (text)
2. comments (text)

Reports
1. report body (text)
2. comments (text)

Position papers
1. body (text)
2. illustrations (graphics)

Mailing Lists (links)

Work Spaces
1. bodies of reports (text)
2. illustrations (graphics)
3. presentations (graphics,slide-presentations,videos)

The first question that arises is "who generates what?", the next is
"with what?" and the rest of your approach follows.

I think.

Gordon