[technology taskforce] [Atlas-ii-participants] Well done => not so well apparently

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 11:42:10 UTC 2014

Thanks for bringing this up. @Olivier just to be sure, are we talking about
ICANN meeting remote participation or ATLAS meeting remote participation? I
am asking this in order to put your statement in context, because there are
quite a number of sessions that had no video feed in the last ICANN 50.
While I agree that video may just be another  bottleneck for less bandwidth
privileged participants I think it is the only way to follow a non-remote
conscious session.

In a situation where video is not possible, I think the sessions then needs
to become remote aware; the bulk of the work needs to be done on the
session leaders. They need to ensure that participants at the face2face are
communicating with remote users in mind. Basic Ethics like mentioning names
and affiliation needs to be strictly adhered to (very useful for audio only
users).
Remote language translation options also needs to improve; there may be
need to do a one pager guideline on how to use the AC and the audio
translation in sync. However it should also be noted that video in AC at
times does not sync with the audio only feeds.

Cheers!
PS: was a remote participant for ICANN 50
sent from Google nexus 4
kindly excuse brevity and typos.