[technology taskforce] Accessible Conference Tools

Glenn McKnight mcknight.glenn at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 23:43:11 UTC 2014

Let'sGoEXPO has a very unique history. Built their system to assist the low
vision and blindness industry by making information about products and
services available to individuals who may never be able to attend a
tradeshow or conference.
Basically their goal was to "bring the event to the individual, instead of
the individual to the event." Our initial testing was extremely successful,
and we began our path of developing a suite of online products that are
accessible to both attendees (front end) as well as organizers (back-end
management) of online events.y research on conference tools  adapted to the
needs of the disabled discovered

Lets Go Expo

https://www.letsgoexpo.com/Page/accessibility/accessiblhistory

Free  Trial/Testing  product
http://www.conference321.com/masteradmin/roomb.asp?id=rs34493e0b8bde

*Features*

   - As accessible as it gets for webinars, webcasts, and web conferencing!
   - Integrated voice chat over the internet (VOIP)
   - Show HTML, Word, PDF, and PowerPoint presentations
   - Desktop sharing
   - Video webcast OR video conference
   - Track login history
   - Text-chat and log history of text chat
   - Record presentations, capture polling results, and more
   - Multiple controls for the moderator

*Uses*

   - Sales presentations
   - Team training & education
   - Webinars
   - Community chat

*Costs*

   - As low as $2.00 per seat per month

Compare Let'sGoEXPO with other webconferencing services Let'sGoEXPOWebEXMS
Live MeetingAdobe ConnectVOIP ConferencingYesYes, additional costsNoYes
RecordingYesYes, requires additional download for viewersYes, WMVYes in
"Pro"Display DesktopYes (upon request)YesYesYesVideoYesYesNoYesMultiple
Room OptionYesNoNoNoUnlimited Hosts (Moderators)YesYes up to 9 for $60 each
NoNoAccessible to DisabledYesNoNoNoCost for 100 Seats/month$200-$300$280
$1,542$7,500

Glenn McKnight
mcknight.glenn at gmail.com
skype  gmcknight