[technology taskforce] Improving translations

Lutz Donnerhacke lutz at fitug.de
Fri Oct 23 20:57:29 UTC 2015

As mentioned in the meeting, there was a comment(*) from outreach during this
meeting, which seems valuable enought to be considered.

Begin quote of Kristian Köhntopp

Booking uses the Google Translate API to semi-automatically translate hotel
rooms and their descriptions: The automatic translation is presented to a
trained native speaker who corrects and approves them. The result is used
once by Booking itself and on the other hand entered back into Translate as
a feedback. The translation quality of machine translations was improved
considerably this way.

I think, if somebody would set up such a feedback for these mailing lists,
the specific interface in Translate would significantly improve quickly and
common, incorrectly translated phrases would be learned.

The technical details of the solution are not known to me, I only know the
Management Level Overview.

End quote

* https://plus.google.com/+LutzDonnerhacke/posts/FkLyFTgUPbt

For more information: https://translate.google.com/community?promo=useredit