[technology taskforce] Captioning evaluation survey / Technology Taskforce

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Wed Apr 27 07:44:29 UTC 2016

Hello all,

having attended a few calls that were captioned, I have found two main
things:

1. captioning does not work on mobile devices like iPADs when it is in a
window of Adobe Connect
2. captioning constitutes an additional amount of information sent to
Adobe Connect, thus might affect AC voice negatively if bandwidth is limited

A way out of this could be to make captioning accessible directly so you
do not need to connect via to resolve [1] and it is not actually part of
Adobe Connect so people who have a low bandwidth & are using Adobe
Connect can choose whether they want captioning or not, which solves [2].

Comments?

Kindest regards,

Olivier