[technology taskforce] Techcrunch: Slack announces it’s building voice and video chat

Raitme Citterio rcitterio at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 19:27:54 UTC 2016

Greetings to all

I share the point of view of dev, I think that slack can be a tool to
integrate all communications within the stakeholder model avoiding
overloading our personal emails with excess emails lists.

Now that slack will have the option of voice depending on the limitations
(connectivity and whether it will be compatible with the free version). I
think based on my experience that if Skype comparatively based on
observations dev; it is difficult to incorporate even though the web
version you have.

I think this about skype; now can be integrated into the channels of slack (
http://www.skype.com/en/features/slack/)

So I think that slack can be used to create current and future communities
within ICANN as follows.

hamster pad (https://www.hamsterpad.com/) is a tool for creating
communities of public access or restricted within a catalog.

So copying this model initial form may be experienced by some communities
to measure the result.

http://techcrunch.com/2016/02/05/hamster-pad-helps-you-find-cool-slack-communities/

I hear your comments on my suggestion, which I think can be done in less
than 2 days, to prove it.

a factor in his favor of slack that allows a history written messages and
that can encourage the participation of more people whose connectivity for
skype or adobe conect very bad and even to participate.

if Lacralo communities and Afralo can have a favorable impact.

And it may even be a tool for interfacing remote hub.

I am coordinating two remote hub in my country, one in my city and one that
arose two days ago and we will use a channel for communication slack.

at the end of the experience you will share my results.

Raitme Citterio