[technology taskforce] Adobe Connect On Web Conferencing, Open Standards, and the End of the Flash Player

Dev Anand Teelucksingh devtee at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 17:22:28 UTC 2017

"...Today we announced, with the support of many of our technology
partners including Apple, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, and Mozilla,
that Adobe plans to end-of-life the Flash Player by the end of 2020.
The significant progress that has been made on the open web in terms
of standards, capabilities, and maturity makes us feel confident that
they will ultimately provide a viable alternative for Flash content in
the browser moving forward.

.....In order to navigate the sea change currently at hand, we are
releasing Adobe Connect 9.7, which will offer users a standalone
executable desktop application completely independent from the Flash
Player in the browser. We are also pursuing the creation of a
full-fledged web-application, currently being developed and tested in
a private beta environment, that will take advantage of the rapidly
evolving open standards of tomorrow.

This two-pronged approach will ensure users are able to enjoy the rich
features of Adobe Connect with seamless entry to meeting rooms through
the 9.7 desktop application while we simultaneously move the product,
and the necessary underlying web standards, towards supporting
browser-based web conferencing with full feature parity to today’s
product."

http://blogs.adobe.com/adobeconnect/2017/07/adobe-connect-on-web-conferencing-open-standards-and-the-end-of-the-flash-player.html

There's also a FAQ for Adobe Connect and Flash :
http://trainstation.adobeconnect.com/flash-eol-faq/