[technology taskforce] Fellowship program could benefit from our help

thomascovenant ttf at thomascovenant.org
Tue Nov 7 18:00:07 UTC 2017

Hi Jason,

it was a short suggestion, the context is in the email.

Listed items could be of help, unless tools used in Fellowship
are under staff jurisdiction?

BR,
thomas

On 07.11.2017 18:38, Jason Hynds wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I unfortunately wasn't at ICANN60, do you recall which session I should
> reference for full context to your post please?
>
> Regards,
>
> Jason Hynds
>

> On 11/6/2017 6:00 PM, thomascovenant wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> it was great to see many of you in person at ICANN60.
>>
>> I am following up on my session suggestion - is it within
>> our scope to work together with Fellowship program?
>>
>> If yes, I think some of the following might be of help:
>>
>> - secure personal data handling and storage
>> - adding encryption possibility (generate key, encrypt if requested)
>> - alternative means of communication that would be inclusive towards
>> FOSS people joining the force:
>>
>> a bit about FB/Google/Whatsapp downsides and alternatives, perhaps
>> trying out new things together
>>
>> - mailing list for new Fellows, why it is a better alternative to
>> having a list of emails and how to manage a list
>>
>> I believe positive constructive outreach will be useful. o/
>>
>> What do you think?
>>
>> Have a nice week,
>>
>> thomas

* * *
Dina solveig Jalkanen, thomascovenant on Freenode
Friendly geek in Amsterdam chaos, ICANN NCSG, FSFE Fellow
https://wiki.techinc.nl/index.php/User:Thomascovenant