[technology taskforce] b.root-servers.net out of glue

Jason Hynds jason.hynds at partsinc.biz
Tue Oct 3 12:49:47 UTC 2017

We aren't techies? I'm insulted. /Just joking./

How does one get on that list if it is dealing with those type of issues
like that DNS sweetness he described?

By the way, why didn't you just copy in the list in the response. In
life in tech, it is so common to see persons pass the buck by advising
one to contact someone else. Better customer service usually means one
facilitates the hand-off directly, the email system makes it easy. Just
my opinion.

I still have to fully digest the auto-translated blog description.
However, if there is an issue at the glue record for a root server it
ultimately could affect the end user. I think more active interest is
demanded.

Also it appears to not just be a issue with ".net" as he seems to
allude. It is an issue for perhaps any signed use of the B root server.
He needs to be referred to the root-server operators list and maybe SSAC
and SSR and IANA, not so?

Regards,

Jason Hynds