[technology taskforce] Skype v8 released ; older versions of Skype to stop working Sept 1 2018

Dev Anand Teelucksingh devtee at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 20:21:32 UTC 2018

"Today, we are rolling out an updated version of Skype (version 8.0)
for desktop that will replace Skype version 7.0 (also known as Skype
classic). We are encouraging everyone to upgrade now to avoid any
inconvenience as only Skype version 8.0 will work after September 1,
2018. As we roll out improvements, there comes a time when we must
shut down older services and application versions."

https://blogs.skype.com/news/2018/07/16/upgrade-to-the-latest-version-of-skype-for-desktop/