[technology taskforce] Fwd: [So-ac-sg-cleaders] Adobe Connect Update - ICANN

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Thu May 10 14:06:36 UTC 2018

FYI

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	[So-ac-sg-cleaders] Adobe Connect Update - ICANN
Date: 	Wed, 9 May 2018 17:00:05 +0000
From: 	David Olive <david.olive at icann.org>
To: 	so-ac-sg-cleaders at icann.org <so-ac-sg-cleaders at icann.org>
CC: 	Ashwin Rangan <ashwin.rangan at icann.org>

Adobe Connect Update - ICANN

https://www.icann.org/news/blog/adobe-connect-update

  Adobe Connect Update

  Adobe Connect Update - Ashwin Rangan

<#><#><#><#><#><#>

I wanted to give you an update on the Internet Corporation for Assigned
Names and Numbers (ICANN) plan for a remote participation tool and
reinstating Adobe Connect.

Based on your overwhelming sentiment, over 75% of you asked in one way
or another for Adobe Connect, we are carefully moving ahead with
attempting to restore Adobe Connect. We are working closely with
penetration testing firms including CoSo Cloud, LLC (our hosting firm)
and Adobe Systems Inc. to make sure it is fully secure.

The next step is to trial-test a hardened instance at the Vancouver
Board meeting and then the Global Domains Division Summit from 10 May
onwards. I will update you after this.

In addition, a smaller margin of you said to look into Zoom Video
Communications as an alternative or back-up for a mid- to long-term
solution. We will begin this research, as it is prudent to be prepared
and to explore all options.

Thank you for your feedback, continued patience, and understanding while
we move forward with this plan.

    Comments

Log in to Comment </users/sign_in>  or  Sign Up </users/sign_up>

          Details

  * ICANN Blog
  * Author: Ashwin Rangan

Sent from my iPhone