[technology taskforce] Transitioning ICANN's Remote Participation Platform to Zoom

Dev Anand Teelucksingh devtee at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 21:09:13 UTC 2019

just as Adobe is starting to switch to HTML5 from Flash

https://www.icann.org/news/blog/transitioning-icann-s-remote-participation-platform-to-zoom

After careful consideration, ICANN org has decided to transition our
official remote participation platform from Adobe Connect to Zoom. In
January 2019, we entered into a contract with Zoom to license its product
for widespread deployment. Plans are being executed now so that we can
completely replace Adobe Connect & PGi by ICANN65 in Marrakech, Morocco.
Our intent is to run ICANN65 using Zoom as our sole web conference platform.