[technology taskforce] Platform for Working Group on Internet Governance

Tracy F. Hackshaw @ Google tracyhackshaw at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 11:36:26 UTC 2019

A short-term solution for publicly available content could be using social
curation platforms like scoop.it, wakelet or even a reddit thread.

Similar platforms like Storify and Delicious were unfortunately acquired
and merged/shut down.

One of these, plus an open Google Doc could be the easiest, most
user-friendly solution.

Rgds,

Tracy

On Mon, 8 Jul 2019 at 5:27 PM, Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond <ocl at gih.com>
wrote:

> Dear colleagues,
>
> in Marrakesh, the Cross Community Engagement Group on Internet Governance
> discussed its future with the Board Working Group on Internet Governance.
> The decision was to use the Engagement Group as a platform for sharing
> information about Internet Governance.
> We already do that using email. Unfortunately, there are an increasing
> number of parallel tracks and we often drop the ball, or lose a track
> altogether.
>
> My enquiry is as follows: the Engagement Group on Internet Governance has
> a LOT of different tracks that are being followed, from IGF, to CSTD, UN
> General Assembly, ITU, WTO, etc. etc.
> So many tracks, that sometimes the history of what is happening in these
> global conferences is being lost - there are just too many threads.
> We've tried putting the threads on WIKI pages, but we are faced with two
> hurdles:
> 1. many people in the working group are not versed in editing WIKIs.
> 2. staff does not have time to update WIKIs given the multiplication of
> threads. We do not have a "curator" to make sense of the avalanche of
> information that's coming our way.
>
> As a result, what I wanted to ask you is whether you can recommend any
> tool that would help with our ability to track several threads and make
> these easily accessible to participants, including historical perspectives,
> without creating an undue amount of work for ourselves. Our problem is
> basically one of Knowledge Management.
>
> Kindest regards,
>
> Olivier

---

Best Regards,

Tracy F. Hackshaw | T&T Mobile: +1 868 678 8710 | US/Google Voice: +1 786
273 9344 | tracyhackshaw at gmail.com | www.OurFutureisNow.info
<http://www.ourfutureisnow.info/> |

Skype: hackshawt / tracyhackshaw at hotmail.com | Google: tracyhackshaw |
Yahoo: tracyhackshaw |