[technology taskforce] [SPAM:1.4] Re: ZOOM 90-Day Security Plan Progress Report: April 15

Judith Hellerstein judith at jhellerstein.com
Mon Apr 20 12:35:58 UTC 2020

Hi all
As you recal a few years ago we tested the platform that the ietf uses called meet echo. The icann it were on the call and were impressed with that technology but thought then that this platform was not mature enough and asked them to work on the deficiencies they saw. We were at that time on adobe and just starting the process of possibly moving but meetecho did not have the capital to expand and their largest client the ietf did not need those enhancements and so they did not expand. A few months later the adobe flaw was discovered and icann left adobe. Meet echo was a good alternative and would have beef great if they had put in the effort but they did not

Judith

Sent from my iPhone
Judith at jhellerstein.com
Skype ID:Judithhellerstein