[technology taskforce] Google Developers : Humans can't read URLs. How can we fix it? - HTTP 203

Dev Anand Teelucksingh devtee at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 19:52:48 UTC 2020

 A large problem is when bad persons obscure the domains of companies in
phishing campaigns so that persons go to the bad persons' website on
another domain and steal their credentials or get malware installed.

So say you get an email link from a trusted person whose been hacked saying
- "hey we're not sure your paycheck was delivered to mybankinfo. Can you
login to mybankinfo.com.paymentlogin.info and check?
The challenge is that persons may just see "mybankinfo.com" and assume they
are going to the mybankinfo.com site.
And because they clicked on the link, how would the browser "know" what the
site you really intended to go to?

Dev Anand