[technology taskforce] Google Developers : Humans can't read URLs. How can we fix it? - HTTP 203

Dev Anand Teelucksingh devtee at gmail.com
Sat Feb 8 11:33:45 UTC 2020

Well most persons would
- click on links,
- see visually the site looks like the site they are used to,
- may see a padlock so they think it’s safe ;  - may see from the url bar
if the domain is the one they are accustomed to ;
- see the name of the company/service they are going to as part of the long
URL and assume it’s legit.

- consider how long URLs  to documents or files are delivered
https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/2020-01-27+At-Large+Technology+Task+Force+Call?preview=/126420432/126422910/atlarge-technology-taskforce-27jan20-en.pdf

A bad person could create a link like
https://community.icann.org.can.work/display/atlarge/2020-01-27+At-Large+Technology+Task+Force+Call?preview=/126420432/126422910/atlarge-technology-taskforce-27jan20-en.pdf

and I dare say most would find it hard to figure out whether it’s legit or
not. And if the link to the file is a malware file that opens and executed
on clicking, then it’s too late.

Dev Anand