[technology taskforce] [At-Large] Ars Technica : Google is messing with the address bar again—new experiment hides URL path

James Gannon james at cyberinvasion.net
Tue Jun 16 06:53:38 UTC 2020

And ofc that was supposed to read I have chatted. Autocorrect before coffee.

Sent from my iPhone

On 16 Jun 2020, at 07:52, James Gannon <james at cyberinvasion.net> wrote:

 I haven’t actually chatted with the chrome dev team about this before, their goal is actually to increase user experience, quantitative user data shows most people have no idea what a URL is anymore beyond potentially I go to x.com, beyond the tld many users have little to no idea of the functionality of “the rest”

Sent from my iPhone