[technology taskforce] CNBC : What Happened to Skype ?

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Tue Jul 4 09:29:01 UTC 2023

That is one component part.
The other is that you can subscribe to cheap subcriptions to unlimited
calls for geographic regions - that's calls to telephone numbers in any
part of the world. In business, the telephone is still important and
being able to place such calls from anywhere with an Internet is good.
Agreed, roaming deals with mobile providers have eaten a bit of this,
but recently mobile phone operators have actually tightened their
roaming conditions, so Skype might still have some time to live.

The other thing I was wondering about was a post from Dev in December
about Skype Truevoice.
https://www.skype.com/en/blogs/2022-12-skype-truvoice/
Has anyone actually used this? What is it like?

Kindest regards,

Olivier

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond, PhD
http://www.gih.com/ocl.html