[twochar_comments] Portugal - two-character labels for Public Comments under the Process

Ana Neves Ana.Neves at fct.pt
Wed Mar 25 15:09:28 UTC 2015

To Whom It May Concern,
PT is the country code for Portugal, and I am writing to submit an objection to the release of the ".pt" as the second level name, in conjunction with any new gTLD as:
- some correspond to a regulated market in EU countries, so their release might generate confusion and possible abuses at the end-users level and therefore must be subject for authorization by the Government of Portugal
- others should remain reserved so that can only be assigned to a person, entity or corporation proposed or accepted by the Government of Portugal.
I would appreciate being informed of the decision taken in regards to our objection.
Best regards,
Ana Amoroso Neves

Ana Cristina Amoroso das Neves vcard<http://www.umic.pt/vcard/an_dsi.vcf>
Director
Department of Information Society
FCT  Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia
              MINISTÉRIO DA EDUCAÇÃO E CIÊNCIA
Av. D. Carlos I, 126 - R/C
1249-074 Lisboa
Tel: +351 213 911 555/6 - +351 213 924 300 (geral)
Fax: +351 213 956 519
Email: ana.neves at fct.pt<mailto:margarida.ribeiro at fct.pt>                       http://www.fct.pt<http://www.fct.pt/>