[twochar_comments] Comment on New gTLD Requests for Release of Two-Character Letter-Letter Labels

Choon Sai LIM (IDA) LIM_Choon_Sai at ida.gov.sg
Tue Apr 7 09:31:09 UTC 2015

Message Classification: Restricted
Dear ICANN staff,

With respect to requests (reference numbers R000358 – R000400, dates posted from 5 March to 3 April 2015), we would like to submit the following comment. This comment is the same as the one we submitted on 24 March with regard to the previous requests (reference numbers R000001 – R000357, dates posted from 23 February to 26 February 2015).

“In general, we are unable to agree to the release of the two-character “sg” label at the second-level under new gTLDs because of the concern that such use would create confusion with the ccTLD "sg" representing Singapore. This policy is to be applied to all new gTLDs who have requested for the release of letter-letter two-character labels at the second level.”

To reiterate, our disagreement (as stated above) are applied to all new gTLDs who have or will be requesting for the release of letter-letter two–character labels at the second level.

Thank you.

Regards
Choon Sai LIM (Mr)
GAC Representative
Director of Internet Resources
Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore (IDA)
10 Pasir Panjang Road, #10-01 Mapletree Business City, Singapore 117438