Reason for DST change in US

Joseph S. D. Yao seismo!hadron!jsdy
Wed Apr 8 15:17:34 UTC 1987

>   Cost for this recreation windfall was about $50,000 in lobbying costs.

(*sigh*)  That may have been a contribution (nopunintended) to DST
being finally implemented.  I know the Farmers' lobby was agin' it.
However, Ben Franklin thought up the idea during one of his ...
ummm ... voyages ("junkets" is not used in this area ;-)) to Paris.
That was a few years before Clorox and Charcoal Briquettes.

I do notice, however, that your article did not claim that it was
solely done at the behest of Halstead, nor solely for his benefit.
I seem to vaguely recall some other considerations.  And that was
definitely not the consideration for its adoption during the War(s),
which was probably what inspired Halstead et al. later on.

	Joe Yao		jsdy at hadron.COM (not yet domainised)
	hadron!jsdy@{seismo.CSS.GOV,dtix.ARPA,decuac.DEC.COM}
{arinc,att,avatar,cos,decuac,dtix,ecogong,kcwc}!hadron!jsdy
     {netex,netxcom,rlgvax,seismo,smsdpg,sundc}!hadron!jsdy