List of issues

seismo!nbires!vianet!devine seismo!nbires!vianet!devine
Sat Mar 14 07:33:46 UTC 1987

  Here is a list of issues that should be settled.  I used Ron Tolley's
message as the source.  PLEASE send me any issues that you feel should
be incorporated into the list.

1. Extend tm structure to contain timezone name
2. Extend tm structure to contain local timezone offset from UT
3. Extend tm structure to contain local seasonal time offset from UT
4. Eliminate the external variables daylight,  timezone, and tzname[]
5. Eliminate the tzset() function.
6. Use the user's environment variable to define the timezone for that user
7. Use the user's environment variable to define timezone rules
8. Allow user to select a non-default timezone
9. Allow user to define a new timezone and set of rules

  Starting next week (Mon = 3/16/87), I will send out a "ballot" on a
single issue.  Send me your vote (I will ACK your vote when it is received),
and I will tally the results.  When discussion on an issue seems to have
stopped, I will send out the total.

  Does anyone have a suggestion for how best to communicate the results
to the Posix general group?  Guy (because you attend the meetings), would
you like to present them?

  Likewise, does anyone have the ear of the X3J11 committe?

Bob Devine