northamerica timezones & Saskatchewan

Darwyn Peachey seismo!ihnp4!skorpio!peachey
Mon Mar 16 20:54:46 UTC 1987

If I am reading your "northamerica" (version 3.1) timezone file correctly,
it appears to be inaccurate concerning the province of Saskatchewan in
Canada.  You seem to assume that all of Canada observes the DST rules.
In fact, Saskatchewan is always on standard time and has been for several
years (up to 20, I'd guess).  To be more precise, we are always on daylight
time, since we are geographically in the Mountain zone, but we use Central
Standard Time year round!  Thus, there is always a four hour time difference
between us and Hawaii (whereas the temperature difference varies from
-130F to +20F).

Darwyn Peachey  peachey at sask.UUCP  peacheyd at sask.BITNET  (306) 966-4909