Ballot 4 - results (really POSIX / X3J11 relationship)

Mark Horton seismo!cbpavo.MIS.OH.ATT.COM!mark
Sat May 2 21:54:28 UTC 1987

I thought the idea behind POSIX requiring X3J11 was that it eliminated
duplication (and possible conflict) between X3J11 and POSIX.  If POSIX
isn't going to require X3J11, what will they overlay upon?  K&R is the
only other well known standard, and it's not only incredibly old, but
the C library it documents is very incomplete even by 1978 standards.
(I have a table I can send out if people are interested.)  A lot of stuff
was taken out of the /usr/group document because it was already in X3J11;
does P.1003 really want to put all that stuff back in?

	Mark