Ballot 4 - results

Joseph S. D. Yao seismo!hadron!jsdy
Sun May 3 19:20:23 UTC 1987

> POSIX will have strftime and mktime, it isn't an option.

X3J11 is still a draft standard: it will go through (I hear tell)
at least one more edit-RFC cycle.

> Personally, I think strftime botches timezones - "hours" doesn't say
> which time zone.

Why, nor does ctime() at all, nor System V date.  But there is, in
the X3J11 strftime(), a %Z for the time zone.  [ 10 Oct 1986 ]

	Joe Yao		jsdy at hadron.COM (not yet domainised)
	hadron!jsdy@{seismo.CSS.GOV,dtix.ARPA,decuac.DEC.COM}
{arinc,att,avatar,cos,decuac,dtix,ecogong,kcwc}!hadron!jsdy
     {netex,netxcom,rlgvax,seismo,smsdpg,sundc}!hadron!jsdy