australasia:Rule AN

Robert Elz kre at munnari.OZ.AU
Sat May 20 18:44:56 UTC 1995

    Date:        Sat, 20 May 1995 12:07:39 -0400 (EDT)
    From:        Bradley White <bww at fore.com>

    I don't know if this is official or proposed, but ...

    > Apr 29 Sydney.
    >    Prem Bob Carr announced NSW will fall into line with other E states
    > and SA and continue daylight savings to the last Sun in Mar.

I doubt any enacting has been done yet, but as time zone changes
seem to be being done mostly by premier's fiat these days, I'd
expect it is likely to happen.

This means that from 96, NSW, Vic, Tas, and SA all end DST on the
last Sun in March - this year, all those but NSW did (which
continued with the old rule of the first Sun in March).

kre