Supplying names for timezones in the data files

Garrett Wollman wollman at lcs.mit.edu
Mon Aug 5 16:23:43 UTC 1996

<<On Mon, 5 Aug 96 10:58:17 EDT, ado at elsie.nci.nih.gov (Arthur David Olson) said:

> 	Link America/New_York	Coords/+404251-0740023
> 	Link America/New_York	Descrips/US_Eastern_time

This doesn't provide enough information for me; I need the countries
separated out, and it would be nice to allow text in the description
that is not a POSIX portable filename.  I think Paul's (?) proposal is
the best for my purposes, although I have no need for the coordinates.
Don't know what other people think.

-GAWollman

wollman at lcs.mit.edu  | O Siem / The fires of freedom
MIT, LCS, ANA, or NSA|                     - Susan Aglukark and Chad Irschick