c-common.c

Ulrich Drepper drepper at myware.rz.uni-karlsruhe.de
Tue Aug 20 09:51:28 UTC 1996

From: Paul Eggert <eggert at twinsun.com>
Subject: Re: c-common.c
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996 19:42:12 -0700

>    Does c-common.c and/or the strftime in version 2.0 of glibc address
>    these points [about ISO 8601 week notation]?
>
> glibc 2.0 strftime doesn't.  I am preparing a fix along the lines of
> the tz strftime.  The fix will also make GNU strftime comply with
> Posix.2 section 4.15.4, and fix a few other bugs that I've discovered
> by code inspection (e.g. sometimes it returns 0 when it shouldn't, and
> it assumes 32-bit time_t's in a place or two).

Paul, you will correct me, but a few weeks ago you tested the "week"
code in strftime and you hopefully saw that I have no %U, %V, and %W
implemented (all three kinds of week representation from XPG4 and
therefore ISO 8601).  If think %W is the representation Jim van Zandt
asked for.

-- Uli
--------------.       drepper at cygnus.com  ,-.   Rubensstrasse 5
Ulrich Drepper \    ,--------------------'   \  76149 Karlsruhe/Germany