zoneinfo europe

Tony Sanders sanders at bsdi.com
Sun Jun 2 06:56:08 UTC 1996

Hi, someone complained to me that:

> At 22h37 WEZ here in Dublin you are showing time for Dublin, Ireland at
>
> Fri May 31 22:35:45 BST 1996
>
> Dublin time is (currently) Irish Summer Time (IST) or WEZ (West
> Europaische Zeit).

Hi there.  We are using the zoneinfo data from 4.4BSD-lite
The current data I have for Dublin reads:

Zone	Europe/Dublin	-0:25:21 -	LMT	1880 Aug  2
			-0:25:21 -	DMT	1916 May 21 2:00    # Dublin MT
			-0:25:21 1:00	DST	1916 Oct  1 3:00
			 0:00	GB-Eire	%s	1940 Feb 25 2:00
			 0:00	1:00	BST	1946 Oct  6 2:00
			 0:00	-	GMT	1947 Mar 16 2:00
			 0:00	1:00	BST	1947 Nov  2 2:00
			 0:00	-	GMT	1948 Apr 18 2:00
			 0:00	GB-Eire	%s	1968 Feb 18 2:00
			 1:00	-	BST	1971 Oct 31 3:00
			 0:00	GB-Eire	%s

Is there an official place to pick up current versions of the
zoneinfo files?  [and/or is anyone still maintaining them?]

I suppose it is possible that BST is still the official timezone
for Dublin but I gathered from the zoneinfo file that you would
be interested in this information if you didn't already have it.