did the Holiday Is observe DST after the rest of Queensland stopped?

Nathan Myers ncm at mill.cantrip.org
Fri Nov 1 22:12:53 UTC 1996

> [Somebodies] unfortunately have a very childish,
>  ingnorant and it seems almost purely politically motivated approach to
>  daylight saving. ... But I digress...

Daylight saving has always been a purely political phenomenon, an
attempt to legislate reality.  (Consider observance of summer time
in tropical countries!)  It is, and always will be, subject to all
the foolishness that any purely political abstraction is.  Tracking
that foolishness in software is as thankless as it is necessary.

Nathan Myers
ncm@@cantrip.com