how to install new tz data on BSD/OS ?

Gildas Perrot perrot at francenet.fr
Wed Sep 18 14:47:21 UTC 1996

Hi,

I am using BSD/OS systems which use tz data as BSDI support seems to say. I
would like to know how to install tz data to incorporate new european
summertimes (I am in MET-1METDST) as HP said :

All countries member of the European Community should implement
the new summertime guidelines for 1996/1997. From now on in all
these countries the switch from wintertime to summertime will be
done on the same day (switching back also).

The changes are :

# Mitteleuropaeische Zeit, Mitteleuropaeische Sommerzeit
MEZ-1MESZ
0 3 25-31 3  1983-2038 0   MESZ-2
0 2 24-30 9  1983-1995 0   MEZ-1
0 2 25-31 10 1996-2038 0   MEZ-1

# Middle European Time, Middle European Time Daylight Savings Time
MET-1METDST
0 3 25-31 3  1983-2038 0   METDST-2
0 2 24-30 9  1983-1995 0   MET-1
0 2 25-31 10 1996-2038 0   MET-1

# Greenwich Mean Time, British Summer Time
GMT0BST
0 3 25-31 3  1983-1984 0   BST-1
0 3 23-29 3  1985-1990 0   BST-1
0 3 25-31 3  1991-1995 0   BST-1
0 2 25-31 3  1996-2038 0   BST-1
0 1 25-31 10 1983-1985 0   GMT0
0 1 23-29 10 1986-1994 0   GMT0
0 1 18-24 10 1995      0   GMT0
0 1 25-31 10 1996-2038 0   GMT0

# Western European Time, Western European Time Daylight Savings Time
WET0WETDST
0 3 25-31 3  1983-1984 0   WETDST-1
0 3 23-29 3  1985-1995 0   WETDST-1
0 2 25-31 3  1996-2038 0   WETDST-1
0 1 25-31 10 1983-1985 0   WET0
0 1 23-29 10 1986-1995 0   WET0
0 1 25-31 10 1996-2038 0   WET0

I found that on my systems, I have a crypted /etc/localtime and /usr/share/zoneinfo/ directory with subdir containing TZ info for towns in crypted text.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Gildas.
--
Gildas PERROT, perrot at francenet.fr         __o
FranceNet, 28 rue Desaix, 75015 Paris ---_ \<,_