zoneinfo data for Slovenia/Ljubljana

Metod Kozelj metod.kozelj at rzs-hm.si
Fri Apr 4 17:37:50 UTC 1997

Hello,

recently I've had a closer look at the timezone info which is available
in with the zoneinfo libraries. I've found an error which concerns our
country Slovenia.

The info says we used 'fixed' Central European Time until 1983. This
is not correct. Law, called 'Law on calculating of time', was adopted in
october 1982.  It efectively put in power the 'EU' rule and thus
in 1983 we already had summer time.

Therefore, the section concerning Slovenia/Ljubljana should
read like this:

> # Slovenia
> # Zone	NAME		GMTOFF	RULES	FORMAT	[UNTIL]
> Zone 	Europe/Ljubljana	0:58:04	-	LMT	1884
>				1:00	-	CET	1941 Apr 18 23:00
>				1:00	C-Eur	CE%sT	1945 May  8  2:00s
>				1:00	1:00	CEST	1945 Sep 16  2:00s
>				1:00	-	CET	1982
>				1:00	EU	CE%sT

The same error is present in sections for the following states/towns:

Yugoslavia/Belgrade
Bosnia and Herzegovina/Sarajevo
Macedonia/Skopje
Croatia/Zagreb

as we have all been in the same state at that time.

With kind regards,

--
Metod Kozelj
Hydrometeorological institute of Slovenia

mailto:Metod.Kozelj at rzs-hm.si
http://www.rzs-hm.si/people/Metod.Kozelj/