-00:00 on draft-newman-datetime-00.txt

Robert Elz kre at munnari.OZ.AU
Sat Jan 4 04:37:20 UTC 1997

    Date:        Fri, 03 Jan 1997 15:34:20 -0500
    From:        kuhn at cs.purdue.edu ("Markus G. Kuhn")

    I am very well aware of 30 min offsets. You probably have not read my full
    proposal

No, it wasn't that, it was the wording of the phrase

	and remove the redundant minute offset digits

which I read as "since the minute offset digits are redundant
remove them", whereas you probably meant "and remove the minute
offset digits when they are redundant".

Personally, I don't like even the latter - I prefer fixed formats,
without options, variations, etc - one simple string to parse where
what comes next is always known, and doesn't need tests - or rather,
where when the test fails it indicates a syntax error, rather than
that someone just decided to omit that bit.

kre