Asia/Ishigaki?

Hideyuki Suzuki hideyuki at sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Sat Nov 7 16:54:05 UTC 1998

In tzdata1998i.tar.gz, I found that two timezones are defined for
Japan.  This is somewhat strange to me, because only JST (+0900) is
used everywhere in Japan including Ishigaki island.

I want to suggest that Asia/Ishigaki (CST, +0800) zone should be
removed. However, you may wonder why it was added to the database,
and in tzarchive I found the following comment: