time.h critique

David Keegel djk at cyber.com.au
Sat Oct 3 05:55:27 UTC 1998

] Markus Kuhn writes:
] > May be, one day we get a nice
] > distributedly administrated database for universal Internet access to
] > up-to-date timezone information (in fact I have some long-term plans
] > along this line),

D. J. Bernstein wrote:
] Why should we take your plans seriously? You claim that you can't even
] figure out how to distribute a few bits of centrally managed information
] per year to keep leap-second tables up to date.

It's not just a question of how technically easy it might be, it's also
important how many people care about the information being up-to-date.