C9x <time.h> and clock precision

Nathan Myers ncm at cantrip.org
Thu Oct 15 02:48:35 UTC 1998

 Markus Kuhn <Markus.Kuhn at cl.cam.ac.uk> writes:
 >  I am starting to get concerned that I might have wasted a lot of time
 >  while working on this, especially since I didn't get any feedback yet
 >  from the only ISO C committee member on this list.

I am on the joint ISO/ANSI C++ committee.  It's a safe bet that the
C++ committee will be considering time and time zone representations
for future technical reports, amendments, or revisions to the C++
standard.

To be considered for addition to existing standards, a proposal
like this must be implemented and demonstrated to be useful in
real programs.  Posting a library interface with arguments in its
favor is not sufficient.  Instead, rewrite demonstrably useful
programs to use your interface, and show improvements in clarity,
correctness, safety, and/or efficiency.

Nathan Myers
ncm at cantrip.org  http://www.cantrip.org/