Proposal for new ISO C 9x time API

Antoine Leca Antoine.Leca at renault.fr
Fri Sep 18 09:46:14 UTC 1998

INFOMAN Inc. wrote:

> As an addendum to my earlier note, I was informed that "TIMEX" or "Timex"
> is likely a registered trademark of a watch manufacturer.

This is clear, but I have problem to see why it may cause
problem in the context of information technology, and furthermore
if used as a proper noon with a non-related signification in
a International Standard?  8-)

As an side example, Coca is the brand name under which Coke
is know here in (Latin) Europe.  Coca also happen to be the name
of a traditional cake made in the region of my wife.
Should the cake shop vendors change the name of the product
when, for legal reason, the names of the products should now
be written (along with the price; before, all was spoken) ?  :-O

Antoine