For your amusement

David Keegel djk at cyber.com.au
Thu Dec 30 13:05:58 UTC 1999

] Manavendra Thakur said:
] > I find it amazing that Cameron's Corner in Australia straddles three
] > timezones.  (But probably this isn't news to anyone on this mailing list!)
]
] It's news to me. I thought the zones formed three vertical stripes; I
] didn't realize they touched.

There is also a mostly horizontal divide into states which have
DST (in the South) and those that don't (in the North/West).

Cameron Corner borders on New South Wales (+1100, Australia/Sydney),
South Australia (+1030, Australia/Adelaide) and Queensland (+1000,
Australia/Brisbane, which doesn't have DST).