FW: Brazilian Time Zones and DST

Olson, Arthur David (NCI) olsona at dc37a.nci.nih.gov
Tue Nov 2 14:37:17 UTC 1999

-----Original Message-----
From:	Stefan Johansson [SMTP:jason at stefan-johansson.com]
Sent:	Monday, November 01, 1999 7:41 PM
To:	Olson, Arthur David (NCI)
Subject:	Re: Brazilian Time Zones and DST

Dear Mr. Olson,

Yes, 1999h reflects the right DST start and stop dates for Brazil, but
decree 3188 of 1999-09-30 included the states of SE, AL, PE, PB, RN, CE, PI,
MA and RR, further to those already mentioned in decree 3150 of 1999-08-23.
Please make the necessary changes in the Brazilian rules, since I am not
familiar with the syntax.

Enclosed is a draft of a revision of the "southamerica" part of 1999h, where
I have inserted the following new lines:

# From Stefan Johansson <jason at stefan-johansson.com> (1999-10-02):
# Decree 3188 alters decree 3150 adding more states for DST starting
1999-10-03.

# Decree <a href="http://pcdsh01.on.br/DecHV99.gif">3,188</a>
# (1999-09-30), maintains the dates of Decree 3,150, but includes also the
following states:
# SE, AL, PE, PB, RN, CE, PI, MA and RR.

As a consequence, I would like to suggest the following Brazilian time
zones:

# Fernando de Noronha, Martin Vaz, Trindade
Zone America/Noronha

# Amapa, east Para
Zone America/Belem

# Maranhao, Piaui, Ceara, Rio Grande do Norte, Paraiba, Pernambuco (except
# Fernando de Noronha)
Zone America/Fortaleza

# Tocantins
Zone America/Palmas (capital of TO)

# Alagoas, Sergipe
Zone America/Maceio

# Bahia, Goias, Distrito Federal, Minas Gerais, Espirito Santo, Rio de
# Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Parana, Santa Catarina, Rio Grande do Sul
Zone America/Brasilia

# Mato Grosso, Mato Grosso do Sul
Zone America/Cuiaba

# Roraima