FW: zdump /zoneinfo question

Ken Pizzini ken at halcyon.com
Mon Nov 22 18:10:56 UTC 1999

The compiled zoneinfo file which zdump is reading does not
maintain a record of what file was compiled to generate it,
nor does it maintain a record of the rules used to generate
the transitions that it contains.  Your best bet is to download
the latest tzdata files from elsie, check that the rule(s) of
interest is correct in the appropriate file, and install the
zic'ed version of the file if it looks good, overwriting any old
zoneinfo file whose rules you are questioning.

		--Ken Pizzini