FW: [Fwd: Day light savings time]

Robert Elz kre at munnari.OZ.AU
Wed Apr 12 22:48:17 UTC 2000

    Date:        Wed, 12 Apr 2000 15:32:13 -0400
    From:        "Olson, Arthur David (NCI)" <olsona at dc37a.nci.nih.gov>

  | > Subject: 	 Day light savings time
  | > Date: 	 Tue, 11 Apr 2000 15:23:23 +1000
  | > From: 	 "Eisa" <higgoman at eisa.net.au>
  | > To: 	 <webmaster at HolidayFestival.com>
  | >
  | > This year day light savings will start earlier in Sydney because of the
  | > olympics not sure of the exact date will let you know.

That has been updated in the tz database for months (or longer).   The
"exact date" is the last Sunday in August.   Aside from whether or not
South Australia was going to go along (which was only determined recently)
none of this has changed in a long time.   There's nothing new here for
anyone to worry about.

The current tzdata has the right definitions I believe (except for South
Aus, which I think is now doing the same as the rest of the DST states)
Anyone in Aust (or elsewhere if they want slower, rather than faster,
(otherwise get it from ftp://elsie.nci.nih.gov/pub/tzdata2000d.tar.gz )

kre