time in Argentina

Alex LIVINGSTON alex at agsm.edu.au
Wed Apr 19 07:31:44 UTC 2000

Can someone please tell me whether Argentina did, or did not, discontinue
observing a fixed, year-round time this year (a time that many would
consider "daylight-saving" time), which would have put its clocks back an
hour sometime recently (the first change in a decade)? Its powers-that-be
seem to have changed their minds several times, but the last I heard,
they'd "recinded" the proposal to "introduce daylight-saving time" (quotes
only from memory and therefore questionable), which I took to mean they'd
decided against re-introducing a non-daylight-saving period, because they
seemed to have decided in favour of the status quo, Didn't I read somewhere
that someone claimed that the proposed change would actually cause an
increase in power consumption, rather than a decrease?

This would have to be a classic case of multiple negations combined with
mind-boggling ambiguity and perhaps translation difficulties.

--Alex

Alex LIVINGSTON
IT, Australian Graduate School of Management (AGSM), UNSW SYDNEY NSW 2052
Fax: +61 2 9931-9349 / Phone: +61 2 9931-9264 / Time: UTC + 10 or 11 h.

It's the 2000th year, 200th decade, 20th century, and 2nd millennium -
the last year of the last decade of the last century of the millennium.
(But it's no longer 1999, the 1990s, the 1900s, or the 1000s.)

Years since epoch (1-1-1 at 00:00:00) at midday today (Apr. 19): 1999.29772685