EU proposals

Peter Ilieve peter at aldie.co.uk
Tue Aug 1 08:50:54 UTC 2000

Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> I came across this in CELEX:
>
> http://europa.eu.int/cgi-bin/eur-lex/udl.pl?REQUEST=Seek-Deliver&LANGUAGE=en&SERVICE=eurlex&FORMAT=pdf&COLLECTION=com&DOCID=500PC0303(01)
>
> (a 25 page PDF review of summer time).

Make that `DOCID=500PC0302(01)' on the end. The 500PC0303(01) one is 44
pages about the mass influx of displaced persons.

Well spotted. The Commission were supposed to produce propsals for a
ninth directive before 1 Jan 2000 but they still hadn't done so when
I rang my usual contact in their Edinburgh office at the end of February
and I hadn't got around to asking again.

Proposing something open-ended like this is one in the eye for the
French, who were talking about dumping summer time altogether.

		Peter Ilieve		peter at aldie.co.uk