merge tzcode and tzdata?

Paul Eggert eggert at twinsun.com
Tue Jan 11 18:01:21 UTC 2000

   From: "Olson, Arthur David (NCI)" <olsona at dc37a.nci.nih.gov>
   Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 09:16:04 -0500

   My notion is to switch to a merged tz2000a.tar.gz here at the start of the
   2000s; any comments?

I'd do whatever's easier for you.

If anything, I expect the code to become even less stable soon.
(_Somebody_'s gotta port it to 64-bit time_t.  :-)

   Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 17:48:27 +0100
   From: Oscar van Vlijmen <o.van.vlijmen at tip.nl>

   An even more useful suggestion would be to place the WWW.htm file in the
   directory ftp://elsie.nci.nih.gov/pub/

I think this is a good idea.  Better yet, could it be made available
via http at NIH?  If not, then I'll volunteer to maintain a copy at
http://www.twinsun.com/tz/WWW.htm
While we're at it, it might be nice to give it a more descriptive
name, e.g. `tz-sources.html' instead of `WWW.htm'.

This seems like such a good idea that I've gone ahead and put in the a
copy of that web page (with my latest proposed patches) at the above
URL.  Please feel free to supersede it with an NIH location.
Whichever URL you like, we should get it well-indexed, e.g. at:

http://dir.yahoo.com/Science/Measurements_and_Units/Time/Time_Zones/
http://dmoz.org/Reference/Time/
http://webexhibits.com/daylightsaving/