FW: Romance Time (forwarded with permission)

tony.milton at bnpparibas.com tony.milton at bnpparibas.com
Fri Jun 30 09:02:33 UTC 2000

There is a timezone editor in the NT resource kit.

Tony.

Internet

From:     Peter.Hullah at eurocontrol.fr on 30/06/2000 08:56

To:  alex

cc:  Antoine.Leca, tz, TStratford

bcc: Tony Milton

Subject: Re: FW: Romance Time (forwarded with permission)

The following URL gives the official Mickeysoft solution to changes in
Australian
time zones this year.

http://www.microsoft.com/australia/support/timezone/2000.htm

To change any other timezone problems you have to edit the registry, modifying
binary
values that I can't find any documentation on. But then that's Mickeysoft for
you - can't
trust users to fix their bugs for them and won't do it for themselves.

Pete

PS Where did MS get "Romance Daylight Time" from anyway? Just another of their
we-dont-care-what-the-rest-of-the-world-has-as-a-standard-this-is-ours
attitudes?

--
Peter H.C. Hullah                    Environment Business Area
mailto:Peter.Hullah at eurocontrol.fr   EUROCONTROL Experimental Centre

This message and any attachments (the "message") are intended solely for
the addressees and are confidential.  If you receive this message in error,
please delete it and immediately notify the sender.

Any use not in accord with its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure,
either whole or patial, is prohibited except formal approval.

The internet can not guarantee the integrity of this message.  BNP PARIBAS
(and its subsidiaries) shall (will) not therefore be liable for the message
if modified.

Ce message et toutes les pieces jointes (ci-apres le "message") sont
etablis a l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires et sont confidentiels.
Si vous recevez ce message par erreur, merci de le detruire et d'en avertir
immediatement l'expediteur.

Toute utilisation de ce message non conforme a sa destination, toute
diffusion ou toute publication, totale ou partielle, est interdite, sauf
autorisation expresse.

L'internet ne permettant pas d'assurer l'integrite de ce message, BNP
PARIBAS (et ses filiales) decline(nt) toute responsabilite au titre de ce