FW: no DST time in Latvia

Paul Eggert eggert at twinsun.com
Mon Mar 6 18:00:43 UTC 2000

   From: Andrei Ivanov <Andrei.Ivanov at Realogic.lv>
   Sent: Monday, March 06, 2000 6:28 AM

   This year Latvia will not switch to Daylight Savings Time (as specified
   in The Regulations of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Rep. of Latvia of
   29-Feb-2000 (#79).

Thanks very much for this info.  I'll include your change in my next
proposed patch.  I assume it's OK to give you credit for reporting
this, and to date the change Feb 29 (the date of Regulation #79); if
not, please let me know.  I could not find a copy of the regulation on
the Web, but I can't read Latvian so my search powers are limited.

UTC+2 is the closest meridian to Riga, so this new regulation makes
astronomical sense.  However, according to the tz database, until now
Riga was at UTC+2 for the whole year from 1927 through 1939 only.