TimeZone Information

Burtenshaw, Craig Craig.Burtenshaw at amsa.gov.au
Thu Oct 5 00:22:16 UTC 2000

Hi,

Recently I received a new TimeZone file for Australia and it's 2000 timezone
changes.

I unzipped the file and replaced the current australasia file with the one
in the tz2000f.tar.gz
file I was sent.

However, the machine has not converted to Daylight Savings time yet.
Even after rebooting the machine.

Could you give me an idea on how to change the date of the machine to
reflect daylight
savings ?

I did alter it manually 'date MMDDHHMIYYYY' and this worked for a little
while, but
when I rebooted the machine it reverted back to Non Daylight savings time.

Thankyou in advance.

Craig.

Craig Burtenshaw
Unix Systems/Oracle Database Administrator
Information Technology

Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA)
P.O. Box 2181
Canberra City ACT 2601

Level 2, 25 Constitution Ave
Canberra City ACT 2601