ISO 8601 assumption

MiRaGe at MiRaGe-avm.com MiRaGe at MiRaGe-avm.com
Fri Oct 6 07:41:35 UTC 2000

We could re-number the months 32 to 43, instead of 1 to 12.
Today's date could be written 5-41-2000 or even 5/2000/41 etc.
;)

But seriously...How about preceding the month number with the
letter 'M'?  Today could be 5:M10:2000.

BTW - I always feel that a dash used in conjunction with a
number is just asking to be confused with a minus or negative
symbol.

Ian Tragen
ian at mirage-avm.com  http://mirage-avm.com

Jesper Nørgaard wrote:

> I even disagree about the assumption that yyyy-mm-dd is unambigous, because if the month number and the day-in-month number can be confused, they surely will according to Murphy's law, e.g. some people will create yyyy-dd-mm dates just as surely as they will create mm-dd-yyyy dates.
(etc.)