Question on TZ data

mikec at imeeting.net mikec at imeeting.net
Thu Oct 12 23:58:06 UTC 2000

Hi, thank you for your reponse.  I have downloaded the TZ files and
compiled them.  From here I really don't know how to read the timezone data
files.  I would like to build a database of all of the timezones recognized
in the world.  My question is can these data files be dumped into a
readable format that shows the finalized up to date rules for a timezone
such as it's offset from GMT and the beginning and end of when summer time
or daylight savings begins and ends?

Can this be extracted from these files with the code that I have compiled?
If not is there a reader available?

Michael Ciavarini
781 487-3526